The winter months can be harsh on the skin, with cold temperatures, indoor heating, and a lack of moisture in the air all conspiring to leave your skin looking and feeling dry and dull. As the seasons change, it's important to alter your skincare routine to deal with specific winter conditions. Just as we dig out the gloves and woolly hats, we also need to make sure that our skin is protected, especially as we head into the season of Christmas parties. So whether you're planning a festive blowout in London or spending a quiet Christmas in the country, here's how to adjust your winter skin routine to make sure your skin stays looking its glowing best.
1. Add moisturiser: When winter rolls around, cold air and indoor heating can remove protective oils from your skin, making it even more important to moisturise. SkinCeuticals Emollience is made with natural grape, macadamia and seaweed oils to restore your skin's moisture. It also has a light formulation, so it won't feel greasy.
2. Power up your moisturiser too: As well as moisturising regularly, it's also a great idea to treat your skin to a regular dose of intense hydration. SkinCeuticals' Hydrating B5 serum has an oil-free gel texture and contains powerful hydrating ingredients, including hyaluronic acid to help your skin stay smooth. It's also suitable for all skin types.
3. Get your daily dose of vitamin C: Vitamin C is great at boosting our immune systems, but it's also essential for our skin in cold weather. It helps to promote collagen production, keeping our skin supple and wrinkle-free, and helps to repair damage. SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic contains 15% pure L-Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and is easily absorbed, Use daily to protect the face, neck, and chest.
4. Use a gentle cleanser: While hot baths and showers are very tempting in cold weather, hot water can actually dry out the skin and remove essential oils. SkinCeuticals' gentle cleanser is ideal when winter arrives, as it contains soothing, natural ingredients to gently remove impurities and smooth rough and irritated patches of skin.
5. Keep up with skin protection: Although we may not spend as much time outdoors in the winter, it's still important to protect your skin from the sun's rays. Using products with added SPF will make sure that your skin stays protected and doesn't develop dark patches or blotches.
6. Don't forget to target sensitive areas: While we regularly moisturise our face and hands, it's easy to forget about other areas of sensitive skin, such as our lips. Chapped lips are a common complaint in the winter, so using a product such as SkinCeuticals Antioxidant lip repair, which contains vitamin E and silymarin, is a great way to make sure that your lips are protected and stay looking and feeling their best.
Why not explore Flawless Body shop to discover more winter skin routine essentials to help you get ready for the Yuletide season. We're proud to help you look and feel your best for every festive occasion, from office parties to that quiet Christmas in the country, so whatever you've got planned, explore our range to find out more.