As we age, we not only grow wiser, but our skin also changes! That means that our skincare routine should change too. To guarantee healthy, glowing skin at every age, SkinCeuticals have a complete range of anti-ageing products to create an effective routine for your skin.
What happens to our skin as we age?
The signs of skin ageing generally begin at around age 25. However, it's completely individual to every person. There are three main signs of skin ageing, which are the result of changes in the three main layers of the skin:
- Epidermal layers: the outermost layer of the skin, the epidermis, is responsible for protecting the skin from pollutant damage, as well as retaining moisture. As we age, the epidermis produces less hyaluronic acid and sebum, with the result that skin becomes drier, causing fine lines and wrinkles to appear.
- Dermal layers: the dermal layers are found in the middle of the skin's three levels and are made up of collagen and connective tissues. Over time, collagen in the dermis decreases, causing loss of elasticity, resulting in sagging skin and loss of vitality in the complexion.
- Subdermal layers: the subdermal layer is the innermost level of the skin. It contains fat storing cells which help to keep skin supple and full. As we age, these reduce, also causing the skin to sag.
What causes skin ageing?
Ageing skin is caused by both intrinsic and external factors. Intrinsic factors are part of the natural process of ageing, whereas external factors are the result of pollutants, such as UV damage, smoking, and pollution.
What do you need from an anti-ageing routine?
To make sure you get the most effective skincare routine, it's important to use products which work together to protect and support all of the signs of ageing.
- Every good skincare routine begins with a cleanser. SkinCeuticals' Blemish and Age Cleanser offers a gentle cleaner which should be used twice a day. Containing powerful ingredients as well as salicylic acid, this cleanser helps to exfoliate skin, brightening complexions and reducing impurities.
- The next stage in an effective anti-ageing routine is SkinCeuticals Blemish and Age Toner. Ideal for addressing imperfections, this toner contains a mixture of exfoliating ingredients to help unclog pores and keep your complexion bright and clear. Use a small amount of toner on a cotton wool pad and gently apply to the face, neck, and chest after cleansing.
- The final stage in your anti-ageing skincare routine is to use Blemish and Age Defense. Containing a powerful blend of ingredients, including 2% Dioic Acid and Alpha-hydroxy and Beta-hydroxy aids, this serum helps to tackle blemishes and clear the skin. It is gentle enough to use twice a day; simply apply 4-5 drops onto dry skin on your face, chest, and neck to guarantee a radiant complexion and healthy skin.
As with all SkinCeuticals ranges, their anti-ageing products have been researched and developed to deliver the most effective results possible. All products are designed to work synergistically so are not only very powerful on their own, but also support and enhance each other's results.
You can view the whole anti-ageing SkinCeuticals range here at Flawless Body.